FREE delivery on orders $100+
Made with pierogi stuffed with sweet, juicy strawberries, these delectable treats are then coated in rich and decadent dark chocolate for an indulgent experience like no other. Perfect as a special occasion dessert or simply as a tasty treat, this pierogi recipe is easy to make and sure to impress. Try this recipe for your next special occasion dinner, and delight your loved ones!
How We Made It
We combined our best-selling strawberry pierogi with the decadence of chocolate. We used pantry staple chocolate chips and melted them in the microwave to create a super special dessert that is super simple and quick to make.
Why We Love It
This recipe elevates a traditional Polish recipe to create a modern fusion interpretation of two classic desserts. We get to combine our favourite fruit pierogi with the sensual pairing of chocolate and strawberry. This recipe always wows, and they’ll think you spent hours in the kitchen to create this special dish.
Make It Yours
This recipe is delicious as it is, but it is easy to customize by playing with the presentation (try serving these in a wine glass topped with generous amounts of whipped cream) or including other yummy nibbles alongside the pierogi (try them with our Pierogerie Chocolates for your next romantic dinner).
Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry PierogiCourse: Dessert, AppetizersDifficulty: Medium
Chocolate-dipped strawberry pierogi are a delicious and unique twist on a classic dish. These sweet and savoury dumplings are a fun and flavourful way to enjoy two classic dessert flavors in one bite. Impress someone at a romantic dinner like Valentine’s Day, or have them anytime because we all deserve a special treat now and then.
1.5 cups of dark or milk chocolate chips
1/2 bag of Strawberry Pierogi
Whipped cream (optional)
- Pan fry strawberry pierogi in unsalted butter until they are browned and have a nice crunchy exterior. Set aside.
- Pour the chocolate chips into an uncovered microwave safe bowl.
Heat in the microwave in 2 increments of 30 seconds (2 x 30secs). Stir in between heatings with a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl.
Then, heat in 10 sec increments until there are only a few lumps remaining. Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir with the spatula. The residual heat will melt the remaining chips into a smooth, dip-able consistency.
The goal is to avoid burning the delicate cocoa solids and sugars that are contained within the fat of the chocolate by carefully controlling the heat, and stopping before they are fully melted and begin to cook.
- Dip the pierogi and strawberries into the melted chocolate. Let them sit a moment to allow the chocolate to firm up to your desired texture.
- Serve them as they are or top them with whipped cream.
- Use a piping bag filled with melted white chocolate to create a drizzle across the pierogi and strawberries for an added touch of finesse.
- Try serving these in a wine glass with a big dollop of whipped cream as a stunning end to a romantic dinner.
- Is it an extra special occasion? Pair this recipe with our Pierogerie Chocolates for that extra wow.
Shop this recipe