FREE delivery on orders $100+
Pierogi… on a pizza? Yes, there is such a thing and, yes, it is heavenly! This modern Polonia fusion recipe is a collaboration with our friends at BreadLove and Lakeside Farmstead. We guarantee jaws will drop, eyes will pop, and mouths will salivate.
How We Made It
We have tried a lot of pierogi pizza recipes. Some of them are good, but most of them are not. And some of them don’t even have pierogi on them! So we set out with our friends to create the ultimate pierogi pizza using the best quality ingredients, personally crafted by folks who know great food.
Why We Love It
This recipe uses ingredients made by our friends at BreadLove and Lakeside Farmstead, and of course our own pierogi, so prep is a breeze and can be kept on hand in the pantry and freezer. Of course you can make this recipe using store bought ingredients, but the kit we have created in this collaboration is small batch, and made of premium, locally sourced ingredients — they just can’t be beat.
Make It Yours
To elevate this recipe, we recommend adding arugula, our own Caramelized Onions, and dried chilli flakes. These additions are optional, but do add something special to the incredible ingredients we’ve included in our kit. The pizza will be delicious with or without these optional additions.
The Ultimate Pierogi PizzaCourse: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks
1 BreadLove pizza dough
1 pkg Lakeside Farmstead Salted Cultured Butter
1 pkg Lakeside Farmstead Shredded Cheese Blend (blend of Alpine & Curd Crumbles)
Optional: 2 ounces arugula, washed and dried
Optional: 4 pkgs Caramelized Onion
Optional: coarse ground black pepper or dried chilli flakes
- Pre-heat oven to to 410℉
- From frozen, fry Lakeside Farmstead x Pierogerie pierogi in Lakeside Farmstead Salted Cultured Butter until crispy and well browned, set aside
- Form BreadLove pizza dough into a thin crust, and spread the Lakeside Farmstead x BreadLove Alfredo sauce by making a circular motion starting from the middle of the pizza until you reach about 1/2 inch from the edge
- Place fried pierogi on the sauced pizza crust, being careful to leave gaps in between for easy slicing later
- Top with Caramelized Onions (optional)
- Top with Lakeside Farmstead Shredded Cheese Blend
- Sprinkle on black pepper or dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until crust is crispy and cheese is golden brown
- After the pizza has cooled slightly, top with arugula right before serving (optional)
- The arugula can be substituted for spinach or another leafy vegetable, although arugula has a natural pepper flavour that works perfectly with the cheddar cheese pierogi and Alfredo sauce
- The black pepper and chilli are optional but they do add some heat that compliments the creaminess of the Alfredo sauce